Monday, July 15, 2013

Fanciful Flowers and Shimmering Stripes.

Although I've won the battle against the spiders, I now realise that I've got to buy a memory card. In the meantime, I borrowed an iPhone and did my best to get these pictures sort-of-decent. I don't think I quite succeeded, but I do think I got close to succeeding.









     




A flow from top to bottom and left to right: a body, two bodies with shoes, two shoes and the top of a hat, a head free of cranial containment, a head clad in a hat.

 All of these photos are kind of...iffy quality. I plan to reshoot and replace them as soon as I can. :3

Still, at least I get to show off the--surprisingly vibrant!--silver/gold eyeshadow combination, previously seen here.

The floral dress is thrifted, and the red striped jacket is from a vintage shop.* It used to be double-breasted, but, well, double breasted clothing doesn't actually fit breasts all that well. Since I loved the design of the jacket so much, I chopped off one row of buttons (and thereafter neglected to hem/finish the rough seam in any way whatsoever!)
*Is it just me, or is there little difference between vintage stores and thrift (op) shops? Vintage stores guarantee that their merchandise will come before a certain year, but rarely is there decent quality control or a feeling of organisation. The two even share the same dust/mothball aroma in the air.

The shoes--cuban-heeled, red leather winklepickers--were ordered from this small English eBay store called Retroshu, which has since gone bust. Before doing so, they dropped all contact with me whilst months late in the delivery of a rather expensive pair of shoes. Therefore, I can't say I've got much sympathy for their current status (or lack thereof). Anyway, if you want a similar pair of shoes, check out Underground England. A tad more expensive than the Retroshu brand was, but better quality and--I've heard--far more professional. Pennangalan also has this kind of shoe, though their stock changes fairly often and I can't speak to their quality. TUK is another place to check out. Their inventory isn't quite as spectacular (design-wise: the shoes come in less colourful/unique varieties at TUK) as Underground England's, the price is often right. And faster shipping time might be worth it.

As I'm just a tad obsessed with winklepickers, tomorrow I'll do a post about their history, their different types, the subcultures who adopted them, and I'll show off my three pairs.

The black necklace was actually handmade by my mum. :). It's comprised of five strands strung with very small dark beads, and then twisted together and connected at the back. I'm trying to gather all the jewelery she's made so I can do a post. I really need my good camera for that; the borrowed iPhone's not great at detail shots. [I'll also do one of the clothes that people have made for me, because I seem to be stupidly lucky: half a dozen people have made scarves, dresses, jackets, shirts, etc. for me just because they're wonderful people! :D]

Oh, and my hair is now reddish on two-fifths and brownish on three fifths. I've been kind of into this split colour thing, lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment